August 29, 2012 4:15PM ET
Alternatives have been an increasingly hot topic as advisers work to diversify and stabilize client portfolios amid the turbulent economic environment. The institutional and endowment models have highlighted the value of alternatives and advisers are looking for ways to leverage that success for retail investors.
- Clifford S. Asness, Ph.D., Managing and Founding Principal, AQR Capital Management
- Tim Burger, Investment Analyst, Ivy Investment Management Company
- Michael Trudel, Managing Director and global strategist, BlackRock, Inc.
- Steve Young, Senior Vice President of Asset Management, Curian Capital, LLC (Curian)
Hear what these four money managers have to say about the advantages of alternative asset classes and investing strategies. The panel will address:
- The practical use of alternatives for advisers
- What to look for in an alternative asset manager
- The types of alternative strategies that can be used to bring lower correlation and potentially more stable returns to the portfolios of average investors
- Yes, to Another Wirehouse or Regional Firm.
- Yes, Considering Independence.